If you’re already retired, or about to be, get ready for some big changes coming to Social Security in 2019.
There’s some good news, and some bad news, but you can start making your preparations now to weather the storm.
Check out the bullet points below, then click here to read the full article by Retirement Insurance.
- 2019 will have the largest Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase since 2012
- The maximum monthly payout at Normal Retirement Age has increased
- Social Security Disability Insurance recipients will receive an increase in benefits
- Exempt amounts under the earnings test will increase
- The Normal Retirement Age will rise…again.
- High-income earners are about to pay more in Social Security taxes
- Qualifying for Social Security will become harder
- Your new Medicare card will no longer have your Social Security number on it